Does your application use IMS?

0802
Explanation: Replace tried to obtain space from space management to replace a
variable-length segment. The new
'LL' or minimum 'LL' is greater than the old 'LL'. Therefore, Replace requested
additional space from space
management, but received a return code indicating that no more space is
available in the data set.
Analysis: This is issued from module DFSDLD00 and can be a standard or a
pseudoabend.
Abend 0802 is traced in the Buffer Handler Trace Table in a series of entries,
each of which is identified by a
character D (X'C4') in its first byte. This series of entries immediately
precedes the current entry in the trace table.
The important field in each trace entry is the second word (offset 4), called
ENTRY1. This word identifies the abend
and the routine within the Delete/Replace module that encountered the problem.
The ENTRY1 word in the first entry of the Delete/Replace abend trace in the key
shown in the following table:
Key Description
43430028 The Replace module issued a space request to lengthen a segment. The
return code from
space management indicated no space available.
Possible cause: A rearrangement of the data set is needed to make free, or
potentially free space available for access.
This can be accomplished by an UNLOAD, followed by a reload of the data set.
System action: The application program terminates abnormally.
Programmer response: Reorganize the database.
Problem determination: 17a through 17g, 35
Source: IMS abends
0802
Chapter 5. IMS abend codes 0501 - 1000 355