Hi Jim,

Thanks for taking a stab at this. I've looked at the APARs you suggested, but if the offer clues to my question, I'm not seeing them...

As far as I know, TCBFX and TCBNOIRB both serve the same function: When either is on, the queuing of IRBs to the task is deferred. Both of the APARs you suggested, discuss problems when such deferrals are not managed properly.

What I want to know is, why the redundancy? Why are there two flags that serve the same purpose? There must be subtle differences... What are they?

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Dave Cole              REPLY TO: dbc...@colesoft.com
ColeSoft Marketing     WEB PAGE: http://www.colesoft.com
736 Fox Hollow Road    VOICE:    540-456-8536
Afton, VA 22920        FAX:      540-456-6658