At 9/30/2011 04:12 PM, Jim Thomas wrote:
The focus is not on IRB's but mainly, the ability to use SRB's .. (this is where I tried to point out IRB vs SRB .. IOW ... with TCBNOIRB ... you can still ... IIRC, use SRB's).

"SRBs"? or "SIRBs"?

I would be surprised if a TCB setting such as TCBFX would have any affect at all on SRBs. But I think maybe Faye Huang maybe has something when she said: "...whereas TCBNOIRB specifically suppresses IRBs but not SIRBs".

I actually don't know anything about "System Interrupt Request Blocks" (SIRBs). I know that they exist, but I don't know what they're used for. Can anyone enlighten me on this issue as well?

If you'd like to go into detail .. perhaps explain what you're trying to do and such ... please feel free to contact / email me .. (after the weekend though please) directly and please understand that my current access to MVS (or z/OS or whatever the hell you want to call it) is rather limited so my responses might be slooow....

Thanks for the offer. At the moment, though, I'm just researching.

Kind Regards

Jim Thomas
617-233-4130             (mobile)
636-294-1014                (res)
j...@thethomasresidence.us (Email)

Dave Cole              REPLY TO: dbc...@colesoft.com
ColeSoft Marketing     WEB PAGE: http://www.colesoft.com
736 Fox Hollow Road    VOICE:    540-456-8536
Afton, VA 22920        FAX:      540-456-6658