> I am trying to trouble shoot the following problem : IEC331I
050-030(VVDSFULL,
> PROD06) According to the message error explanation it says that the VVDS
is
> full.  When I check via ISPF 3.4 is shows that it is a 1 ext.  The VVDS
was built at
> TRACKS(30 1).  To fix the problem the doc says to move dsns off that
volume.  I tried
> that but the problem persists when the system is trying to allocate a dsn
on the
> volume.  Since the volume is SMS managed (phew), I put it at DISNEW.  The
doc says
> to backup the volume, and reinitialize it with a larger VVDS.
> Is there something else I can try before I try the doc's recommendation?
>
> Thanks in advance.

The easiest way is to create a new PROD volume to add to the pool.  Make
sure the VTOC, VTOCIX and VVDS are larger than this one.  Do a LISTC
ENT(SYS1.VVDS.PROD06) ALL and see what the sizing looks like and either
double or triple the new one..

then add it to you pool  enabled.

DISNEW the PROD06 and let it drain as best it can.

Isolate the datasets that need an application (CICS, IMS, MQ, etc..) broght
down or the file closed.  Then pick a point you and your customers agree and
move them.

During the rest of the time, see what datasets are not enqueued that can be
moved within the pool easily.

So, rather than doing all that to PROD06, do it to a new volume and
migrate/move the datasets off as you can.

Much easier.  If you have the spare dasd volume.  Then return PROD06 to the
group that gave you the new PROD0x volumes

You might also want to review all VTOC/VTOCIX/VVDS datasets for the other
PRODxx volumes and see if they might have future issues.

Hope that helps.

Lizette