From: "Dave Gibney" <gib...@wsu.edu>
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 3:47:25 PM
Subject: Re: IEC331I 050-030(VVDSFULL, PROD06)

If it's SMS, the VVDS has data for non-VSAM also. I agree with you. Stop new
allocations (DISNEW), Carefully move everything (make take several passes),
when it's empty, re-init it and allocate a sufficiently large VVDS on it.

I still always allocate a VVDS right after I init a new volume. I do not let
the automatic allocation happen.

Dave Gibney
Information Technology Services
Washington State University