In
<capd5f5opl261uej7zc+of64p7lanekdh19wmzxuymtujwoa...@mail.gmail.com>,
on 10/24/2011
   at 05:41 PM, John Gilmore <johnwgilmore0...@gmail.com> said:

>You're out of line, Shmuel.

Well, someone is.

>You may prefer 'dispatch' to 'despatch',
>but they are equally legitimate alternative spellings.

Were the issue the general English meaning of the word, you'd have a
point. But the issue here is the term of art in the descendents of
OS/360, which AFAIK has always been spelled "dispatch".

>Moreover, while I should ordinarily let 'excrutiating' pass without
>comment,

No need; if someone replies to one of my messages and sees a spelling
error, I expect a correction, although the respondent certainly has no
obligation to point it out. I've even been know to thank people for
correcting me, although usually for something of more moment.

> Moreover again , 'c' and 't'; are prpbably too far from each
>other on the keyboard for it to be a typo.

As opposed to "o" and "p", whcih are adjacent ;-)

My most common spelling error is probably transposition, with one off
being the second most common.

>If your Old English is up to it, see Chaucer's

I thought that was Middle English.

>Moreover yet again, my substantive point remains,

It remains, and it remains dubious.

>Moreover yet again, my substantive point remains, 'SRB' is now used
>in two senses that it would be useful to distinguish on the model of
>that between a task and a TCB.

And, again, the IBM documentation talks about scheduling other control
blocks, not just SRB's. That's even imbedded in some macro names.