"Mary Anne Matyaz" <maryanne4...@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:<9689019850953527.wa.maryanne4psugmail....@bama.ua.edu>...
> TSS does not have a single attribute that equals the RACF TRUSTED=YES
> but there are bypass attributes like NODSNCHK, NOVOLCHK, NORESCHK,
NOSUBCHK,
> and NOLCFCHK, that can be given to an acid to bypass security checks.
>
> All of the Bypass attributes together pretty much equal TRUSTED but
> usually not all of the Bypass attributes are necessary, such as if the

> acid is never going to be used in Batch then NOSUBCHK is not
necessary.

> IMHO, you'd be better off going after the saf requirements for BCPII
>
> Did you run a TSS trace to see what specific profile the violation is
on?

> Here's a good techdoc on the entire process.

http://www-03.ibm.com/support/techdocs/atsmastr.nsf/5cb5ed706d254a818625
6c71006d2e0a/2f3c49c0a320bdca862576f5005fb64d/$FILE/SFM%20with%20BCPii.p
df

> MA

Mary Ann,

Thanks for the techdoc, it enlightens a lot. Especially because we are
developping an HMC interface to automatically set and change LPAR
settings like Weights and Group Capacity limits for various situations.

No, we cannot get any trace not audit output out of XCFAS, maybe because
it starts before TSS is started.

Yes, I will ask IBM to specify the saf requirements clearly.

Kees.
e-mail, and delete this message.

33014286