For our system, we have the need to create UUIDs, which contain in the right part a twelve byte hex number which identifies the machine uniquely world-wide (at least, that's the idea).
The left part is a (kind of) inverted timestamp.

We do this using some information from CSRSI and the LPAR number. On other platforms like Unix and Windows this is done using the MAC address of the network controller.

If you're interested, I can try to extract the rules from the C source. IIRC, it's the machine serial
number, followed by the LPAR number.

Kind regards

Bernd