Hello,
we are moving data center to another location. The data is already there on
DASD, replicated synchronously. We plan to stop the sysplex and IPL from the
replicated data , on new processor. We pretty much answered all questions so
far, except for the sysplex and CF. On new location we have one new processor,
that will in the end replace one of the existing processors. The configuration
(LPAR names) are the same, including CF.

I would like to verify following scenario:

1. For fall-back purpose: We allocate new CFRM couple data sets and prepare new
set of IPL parameters. Old ones will be used if we have to IPL at old location.
2. Activate new CDS
3. Change existing policy - define different HW for the existing CF
4. Start new policy - first question is - will it report an error or will it
just have pending changes for CF?
5. Shut down system (sysplex)
6. IPL on new processor

Would it be better option to define different name for CF on new processor, and
just add a new CF to the active policy, and in all preference lists?

I hope I was clear enough, any suggestion will be appreciated.

Regards,
Natasa