There are two sides to the sysplex coin: one lives on DASD, the other
lives in the CF. As long as DASD is fully replicated, the newly IPLed
sysplex member(s) should look exactly like the old.

CF is another matter. In the CFRM policy, each CF is identified by a
unique combination of properties:

1. NAME
2. TYPE (model)
3. SEQUENCE (serial number)
4. PARTITION  (number)

NAME is used throughout the policy to specify structure location. TYPE,
SEQUENCE, and PARTITION are used at XCF initialization to identify the
hardware to be used for CF structures associated with NAME. If all four
properties are different in the new location, the easiest migration path
is to create--today--a CFRM policy that includes the new CF in addition to
the old CF(s). Include the new NAME in all structure PREFLISTs. XCF in the
old location will not be flummoxed that the new CF is unreachable.
Likewise in the new location XCF will survive without access to the old
CF(s). In this way you can IPL into the mirrored DASD complex with little
disruption. Since you have the same CFRM policy throughout, fallback
should be as simple as IPLing in the old location.

Caveat: be absolutely sure that you're happy with your new home before
allowing production updates to occur. Consider that replicating updates
back to the old location is essentially a lost cause. Check everything out
as thoroughly as possible while users are locked out. Once you let them
out on the range, you'll never get them back in the barn.

.
.
JO.Skip Robinson
SCE Infrastructure Technology Services