On 2/16/2012 2:31 PM, Tony Harminc wrote:
On 16 February 2012 13:31, Scott Ford<scott_j_f...@yahoo.com>  wrote:
Walt:

Are we saying Cobol cant invoke TMP ?? If so, where do i find an example

I'm not Walt, of course. But as far as I know, no one can invoke the
TMP. Well, not quite true, obviously, but no normal program, even if
APF authorized can invoke the TMP. It wants to run as the job step
task, and that's difficult. In particular, while you can have more
than one job step task in an address space, the TMP and REXX won't
stand for it. Well, perhaps they will let it go if you don't try to
invoke anything authorized, but I don't think even that.

The only ways I know that you can invoke the TMP are

1) from EXEC PGM=

2) from UNIX exec(), which effectively creates a new job step in a BPX
initiator address space.

Tony H.

OK, just being a little crazy, what about EXEC PGM=MYASMPGM
which "does some stuff" and then does XCTL to the TMP? Would
that work?

--

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-355-2752
http://www.trainersfriend.com

* To get a good Return on your Investment, first make an investment!
  + Training your people is an excellent investment

* Try our tool for calculating your Return On Investment
    for training dollars at
  http://www.trainersfriend.com/ROI/roi.html