 From: Steve Comstock <st...@trainersfriend.com>
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2012 4:42 PM
Subject: Re: Authorized functions

On 2/16/2012 2:31 PM, Tony Harminc wrote:
> On 16 February 2012 13:31, Scott Ford<scott_j_f...@yahoo.com>  wrote:
>> Walt:
>
>> Are we saying Cobol cant invoke TMP ?? If so, where do i find an example
>
> I'm not Walt, of course. But as far as I know, no one can invoke the
> TMP. Well, not quite true, obviously, but no normal program, even if
> APF authorized can invoke the TMP. It wants to run as the job step
> task, and that's difficult. In particular, while you can have more
> than one job step task in an address space, the TMP and REXX won't
> stand for it. Well, perhaps they will let it go if you don't try to
> invoke anything authorized, but I don't think even that.
>
> The only ways I know that you can invoke the TMP are
>
> 1) from EXEC PGM=
>
> 2) from UNIX exec(), which effectively creates a new job step in a BPX
> initiator address space.
>
> Tony H.

OK, just being a little crazy, what about EXEC PGM=MYASMPGM
which "does some stuff" and then does XCTL to the TMP? Would
that work?

--

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-355-2752
http://www.trainersfriend.com

* To get a good Return on your Investment, first make an investment!
   + Training your people is an excellent investment

* Try our tool for calculating your Return On Investment
     for training dollars at
   http://www.trainersfriend.com/ROI/roi.html