I was trying to write up a way to do something like that: fetching the sysout
from the currently running job into a disk dataset in a later step. But ran
into a problem in trying to find an IBM-supplied way to get the running job's
JES job number. I know how to write code to get it, but I can't find a TSO or
UNIX program to do it for me. I could then use Dovetail Technologies' "Data Set
Pipes" to get the sysout into a disk dataset (fromdsn
-jes.j????.stepname.procstep.ddname | todsn "//DD:ddname") in a subsequent
step. But I got frustrated in trying to find the current JES job number. I
would guess that somebody could use the SDSF/REXX interface to do it. But I
still don't see how to get the jobname/jobnumber which I need. Using standard
IBM programs, that is.

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV