On 27 February 2012 06:18, Thomas Berg <thomas.b...@swedbank.se> wrote:
> Is there any possibility to duplicate the output to SYSOUT to another
> Ddname/DSname in realtime ?
> I want to follow the execution by inspecting the output but at the same time
> save it for processing in a following step.

Thirty years ago I would have said that it sounds like an ideal job
for GPSAM (file 648 on the CBT site). You'd write a little access
method that accepts a couple of DDNAMEs as arguments, and writes the
output to both. Now I don't know if GPSAM has been updated for newer
OS levels (the File 648 version is dated 1982), but conceptually and
maybe even practically, it should still be fine on z/OS today.

> Preferably by JCL means.

Um, well, once you write your little access method (all nice,
unauthorized code, btw) and install GPSAM, it would all be by JCL
means. It would look something like this:

//  EXEC PGM=yourprog
//STEPLIB  DD  DSN=your.private.unauth.loadlib
//SYSPRINT   DD  SUBSYS=(GPSM,DOUBLER,'COPY1,COPY2')
//COPY1  DD  SYSOUT=*
//COPY2  DD  DSN=dataset,DISP=...,etc.

You just have to write the DOUBLER routine. Or make it as general as
you like - TUPLER...?

Tony H.