>>> On 5/4/2012 at 09:24 PM, George Henke <gahe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you very much, Mark, for the very helpful info.
>
> Right now, we are running RHEL and it looks like the Solaris migration will
> be to that.  Does SLES have better support?

Obviously I am biased in this regard.  :)  All I will say is that if you wish
to run an HA implementation on System z (as opposed to on Intel blades in the
zBX), SUSE has that option, whereas Red Hat does not.  Their Clustering Suite
with GFS is not supported on System z.  There are other differentiators between
RHEL and SLES, but I won't go into them here.  If you'd like more info, please
contact me off list.  In any case, good luck with your migration.  I'm always
happy to see Linux on System z win at the expense of Solaris.  :)

Mark Post