On 17 May 2012 21:43:32 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I was attempting to offer an opportunity to be able to continue working
>with IBM on your service requests while IBMLink is unavailable. RETAIN
>does not go offline when IBMLink is unavailable. Clients are able to
>manage and create new service request via SR regardless of IBMLink's
>availability. Even if RETAIN is temporarily unavailable (or a queue is
>full, etc.), SR will locally queue your create/update request and resubmit
>it on your behalf automatically. This additional layer of resiliency is a
>feature that ETR did not have.

Perhaps IBM needs to review Microsoft's service delivery system.  I
have never had a problem with availability.  Maybe others here have
had a different experience with it and my perception may be wrong. The
vulnerability of the IBM system as shown by these posts may be in part
due to the wrong measures.  While improving reliability may not be
justifiable on the direct benefits, the reputation hit IBM takes in
the eyes of at least some of us should spur greater effort.  When a
system totally under IBM control that has a 24/7/365 characteristic
yet does not have that availability, it casts doubt on IBM's claim to
deliver that kind of reliability and availability.  Most people
interface with applications, not the base operating system and it is
on those applications that they form their opinion of the platform.

Clark Morris