The arguments against telecommuting I hear most often are fear of litigation
initiated by OSHA (USA:  Occupational Safety and Health Administration) and
the potential for "questionable" Workmens' Compensation claims (again, USA).
Those, and the "tradition" of "seeing warm bodies with noses to the
grindstones"....

    -jc-