Yandong,

If you just want to pass data from one Sysplex to another using DASD then
this can be done using shared DASD. This is how it was done before we had
Sysplex, but you need to allow the safeguards that were existing without a
Sysplex operate to ensure that the method operates correctly. I assume you
want to share a UCAT as well.

        - The Shared Volumes should not be SMS managed
        - Exclude the volumes from converted reserves in GRS
        - Use a special HLQ and UCAT for the shared datasets
        - Exclude the catalog from converted reserves in GRS

If you don't want to touch GRS and maintain separation of your Sysplexes,
then you could use Shadowimage, Flashcopy or similar to do this, especially
if you need a once a day refresh. Once a day you can offline the volumes to
the target system, refresh the Shadowimage with an instant, At-Time split,
and then on-line them again.

The Source Sysplex is never disturbed using this method, and with volume
masking at the storage or editing of the IOCDS you can protect against
duplicate VOLSER problems.

I'm based in Hong Kong. Drop me an e-mail if you want me to call you and
discuss this.

Ron