Please don't send duplicate copies of your replies.

In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 02/18/2006
   at 11:42 PM, Matt Collins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>My fault, I'm referring to our Z/OS consoles, we have four of them,
>each identified by a Tel#. Their different TSO's as I'm told. Is that
>like having 4 different "systems" running?

No, TSO doesn't run on consoles and it's like having 4 different jobs
running, possibly all on the same system. If it's TSO then the
sessions must be running some specific TSO command, and you need to
identify what that is before anyone can give you a reliable answer.

>And that's probably why I'm supposed to check
>for outstanding messages on each console.

Are you running something like SDSF? Without knowing what you're
running I can't tell whether you have access to all console messages,
some or none. With SDSF yo8u can view the log, which gives you access
to most console messages.

>If Tel1 prompts me for a tape, what message would I
>get if a D U,,, that drive from another console?

If the command goes to the same system that issued the mount message
then the D U response should show mount pending.

>(come to think of it, all the messages are tape
>related, aren't there many other things going on in the mainframe?)

Sure, but if you're dealing with a specific application then you'll
see the messages that the application writes, regardless of what else
is going on. I suspect that you're running a TSO application specific
to tapes. Again, you haven't told us what it is.