Rex,

> The other thing is that we make *extensive* use of the snapshot
> capabilities and I haven't seen much in the way of other software giving
> me the capabilities I have with it.

Perhaps you're looking for the specific technology, rather than how other
ways, means and costs meet your process requirement.

> Where else can I have 700 volumes
> of 3390 disk physically sitting on about 200 GB physical and be able to
> rebuild a test system in about 15 minutes start to finish?

Where else do you compress data onto to disk and pay the uncompressed
purchase price? Imagine if EMC IBM or HDS asked you to pay for another 600GB
because you compressed your datasets with SMS ?

And 15 minutes start to finish - it takes that long???

Ron