>If we're going to do free plugs here, how about comparing the DS6800 to
the
>HDS NSC55.

Sadly, I don't get commissions on either one.  In fact, I don't get
commissions on anything.

I mentioned the DS6800 because it's tiny, and I don't think the NSC55 is.
Is there any other enterprise FICON storage in a 3U package?  I'm a
software person, so I really don't know, but I find the idea intriguing
because a lot of people think of mainframe storage as being massive (at
least one cabinet).  It seemed an appropriate idea for this particular
situation -- a very little bit of modern storage that also happens to be
shared if you want.

- - - - -
Timothy F. Sipples
Consulting Enterprise Software Architect, z9/zSeries
IBM Japan, Ltd.
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]