From:   IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  On Behalf Of
Ron and Jenny Hawkins
Sent:   Wednesday, March 22, 2006 9:11 AM
To:     IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject:        Re: 3380-3390 Conversion

Bob,

Of course you are correct, and this generality is wrong. Consider it
retracted.

Though I do find that contractors in many other countries are treated very
differently to how it appears to be in the USofA. I would say that more than
half of the best sysprogs, DBA and Programmers I have worked with in
Australia and Asia are long time contractors.

I've also worked with some incredibly good freelance contractors out of
Britain and Europe.

It seems that in the USofA becoming a contractor means that you have somehow
become less skilled than when you were a full time employee.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please

Seeing Beyond Money is a service mark of SunTrust Banks, Inc.
[ST:XCL]