From: R.S. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, April 07, 2006 8:49 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: WLM

Ted MacNEIL wrote:

>>Do you feel comfortable in all: WLM, DFS/SMB, sendmail, HSM, hardware,

>>JES2, ICSF, CICS, RMM, ZFS,
>
> sysplex, to name a few ? I don't.
>
>>From the other hand I agree, it is good to aks proper question. It
>>also requires some knowledge. Sometimes such preparation to ask the
>>question
> includes the answer.
>
> Yes, but.
>
> In this case, there was a message from the WLM.
> If you don't know where to look up a message, then you have a big
problem.

> There is messages & codes.
> There is LOOKAT.
> There is QUIKREF.
>
> IBM-Main should NOT be your first source for determining what a
message means!

You're absolutely right. My comment was general, not related to the
thread origin.
BTW: Sometimes it is big help to enlight user that such thing like
Messages and Codes exist. Folks experienced on other platforms usually
have no idea that it is available. Been there seen that.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland

email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html

This electronic mail message contains information that (a) is or may be
CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY IN NATURE, OR OTHERWISE
PROTECTED BY LAW FROM DISCLOSURE, and (b) is intended only for the use of the
addressee(s) named herein.  If you are not an
intended recipient, please send an email immediately to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  and
take the steps necessary to delete the message
completely from your computer system.