Can I PUT a temporary dataset using FTP... For example, I have a job
where the last thing it should do is slap some results over to a GDG
on another machine. I'd really like to be able to:

PUT &&TEMPDSN 'SOME.REMOTE.GDG.BASE(+1)'

However, &&TEMPDSN doesn't appear to get resolved to it's real
temporary name. Can you only FTP PUT cataloged datasets?

Is there some way of referring to a DD name instead of the real name
of the dataset itself? For example:

PUT DD:REPFILE 'SOME.REMOTE.GDG.BASE(+1)'

I can't find anything in TCP/IP manuals indicating I can do this, but
I thought I'd ask the collective before I start cataloging transient
datasets.

--
Steve
Despair - It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black...