I have a request for assistance in finding all JCL steps that use IEFBR14 to
create (allocate might be a better word choice) data sets that are to be
!written! to by INFOGIX/Unitech ACR version 3.3. The group in my shop
responsible for care and feeding of this product contend that the vendor has
told them that "Since the product is LE compliant, it cannot write into a
dataset that has been generated by the IEFBR14 utility". There WILL be
testing (SMS and non-SMS) before this task is undertaken. I read the thread
on "EOF MARKS" Tue, 30 Mar 2004 12:51:40 -0600, and loved the SMSBR14 idea
for that situation. But my question is: Cannot write?

I know that READING a BR14 allocated data set has ALWAYS (prior to SMS) been
a fine recipe for disaster, but writing? And if this IS true, what does LE
have to do with it.

P. S.INFOGIX is an IBM BP