<snip>

> Well, I know you're not going to offer one of our
> classes, but perhaps they would be intrigued by my
> paper on hosting a web site on z/OS, just as a
> teaser to get them hooked.
>
> Look at:
> http://www.trainersfriend.com/General_content/Book_site.htm
>
> and scroll down to the next-to-last entry in the first table.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> -Steve Comstock

Thanks. I already have a web site on our z/OS system. I have even
written a web based application to do our "standard" RACF stuff such as
creating a new userid, deleteing an existing id, resume an id, revoke an
id, etc. It uses REXX CGI programs.

I am looking at Java (JZOS) right now. Not too bad, but could use a
zAAP. But even presenting it to my team gets a yawn. "What good is it?"
There is an entire 'nother thread on this. I can imagine some really
NICE things if we did some CICS/Java for our XML and "web based" stuff.
Just plain no interest. And, to be honest, we cannot integrate it into
our current Endevor change environment (as best as I can tell). I am
only one person, with very poor sales skills. And I have not been able
to present a "fool proof" plan of how to implement any of this so that
it would be usable "out of the box" and completely integrated into our
current development methodology. I.e. develop Java using ISPF (in PDS
libraries), then submit batch jobs to compile it into yet another PDS.
Remember, no liking around here for UNIX stuff. Just to be honest, the
programmers have a point. They are swamped (as are most) just trying to
keep the boat afloat. They don't usually have time to do fancy
scrollwork on the stair rails while the boat sinks.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its
content is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this transmission, or taking any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.