From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Knutson, Sam
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 8:39 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: IBMLink 3270 Logon Trouble

I prefer the web interface for especially for ETR and SIS where I can
open multiple windows, use cut and paste for large text blocks.  If they
want to retire the 3270 interface they need to make VPL available on the
web interface.  While not required by all customers VPL is an important
tool for customers and ISVs who want to do deeper research on problems
or understand OS functions.  I always felt the 3270 VPL tool was
deliberately designed to be difficult to use.  I would relish a VPL tool
in the web that let me pull a whole listing as a download or even in
browser window.  The 3270 mode VPL forces you to painfully page through
modules bit by bit.

What attributes of the web interface that you think should be changed?

        Best Regards,

                Sam Knutson, GEICO
                Performance and Availability Management
                mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                (office)  301.986.3574

"Think big, act bold, start simple, grow fast..."