At 21:23 -0300 on 08/05/2006, Clark Morris wrote about Re: WHY IS JCL ALLERGIC TO LOWER CASE?:

I forget what the JES3 equivalent would be but EXIT 6 in JES2 would be
a simple place to put the code if you wanted to have that feature in
your shop.  The specs would be interesting.

1) Clone the card image
2) OC the cloned image with 80X'40' (I do not think any data that would validly appear on the card except for lower case letters would be altered) or use a TR with a LC->UC table if you are paranoid. 3) Scan the cloned image for parms that need to be mixed/lower case (Path= and Parm= for example).
4) Copy the version in the original for these fields into the cloned copy.
5) Optionally also copy comments.
6) Replace the original with the updated cloned copy.

Note: Before step 1, you can do a sanity-check by TRTing for lower case and bypassing the whole routine if none are found.

I'm sure these specs can be refined but I think they are a good start.