I'm having a disagreement with IBM Support for a product.  I need to quote
chapter and verse (of doc that may not even exist) on the use of FORCE.  I
have found a situation that requires use of FORCE if parts of Unix System
Services are brought down prior to shutting the product down.   The product
can be canceled (but not stopped) up to the point it gets an EC6 abend;
once it gets an EC6 abend, a cancel is ignored.  Level 2 says the problem
is in the order we are doing our shutdown. I contend he is right but that
doesn't justify need of the FORCE.

BTW, that's a real "temination at end of memory" FORCE, not a FORCE,ARM.

In the PMR I said that need for a FORCE represents a bug, but I don't
really know if that is true.  Is there any official IBM take on this?  I
can feel a "broken as Designed" in the wings, but I doubt need for a FORCE
was really part of the design.

Pat O'Keefe