Snipped: And according to this JCL is not a programming language, correct?

  Well, the "L" being language is more a bit of convenient identity. It
could just as easily have been JCC - Job Control Constructs, or JCS - Job
Control Statements. I tend to think of a programming language as commands
or instructions that act on data for some sort of manipulation. It's easy
to get wrapped up in semantics like in music. Ab and G# are the same note,
but it depends on if you are ascending or descending.

  So, does the term programming language become vague, or precise? Is LISP
a PL? Is REXX a PL? What about Algol or JOVIAL? I think it really boils
down to personal experience and personal preference.

Daniel McLaughlin
ZOS Systems Programmer
Crawford & Company
PH: 770 621 3256
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

If you aim at nothing you will hit it every time.
 - Zig Ziglar