On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 11:43:17 -0700 Charles Mills <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

:>Just TWO things would make life so much simpler:

:>1. A universal hardware and OS stack. Then all the discussions about
:>reentrance go away.

LE will sort of give you that (on the software side).

:>2. Get the I/O control blocks out of the user's space -- go instead to a
:>"handle" type approach where the gory details of the I/O control blocks were
:>not the application developer's problem. And bingo, the 24-bit DCB problem
:>disappears.

Only if all programs are changed.

And, from the assembler side, it is good to be able to play with the control
blocks. HLL's will sort of give you what you want.

--
Binyamin Dissen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.dissensoftware.com