------------------<snip>--------------------------
I'm sure you meant to write "Native American" instead of "American Indian", right? :-)
The "Native Americans" that I know, mostly Ottawa and Oglala Sioux, are offended by "Native American". They will tell you to your face that they are INDIANS.

And the "African Americans" I know call themselves "BLACK", "COLORED" or "PERSONS OF COLOR". And by the way, they're all AMERICANS.

Caps for clarity, not shouting. :-)