I'm sure you meant to write "Native American" instead of "American
Indian", right?
Native American may be PC, but a few years ago on vacation in Arizona, we took a tour with a company owned and run by Indians, and our guide clearly told us that they prefer to be called "Indians". Of course, we had an interesting guide. He looked totally indian, mahogany skin, prominent nose, braded hair, etc, but he grew up in California and talked like a "Valley Boy", fer sure!

--
Bruce A. Black
Senior Software Developer for FDR