Eric,

After I finished graduate school in December, 2004 I went almost nine
months looking for a job - so I offer you my heartiest congratulations!
I, like you, started off doing contract with another company and then
this job at CA became available.

Back when I was in my teens (in the early 80's) I can remember the
Dallas Morning News classified ads having page after page of mainframe
positions - half in systems programming.

Again, best of luck and congratulations.

Gary