I honestly haven't a clue.  From what little I have been able to glean (and
there isn't much info available)  we need to run with POSIX(ON) and
XPLINK(ON) for any program that invokes Java.
I'm presuming also that we should have these options switched off when
running non-Java programs.

Jim McAlpine