Hi,

 I had the same problem. This could be easily solved, by using a CEEUOPT
Module. But that means that the LE Runtime Options that should be used by the
module, have to be defined as being overridable by an CEEUOPT module. An
example is appended. In addition, this scenario is supported under IMS too, but
it is not required to run in anll IMS Java Region. Could be a normal COBOL,
PL/I program, IMS region requires more working storage and JVM can be reused
while being scheduled and looping reaching sub-second response time and zAAP
can be utilized.

 If anyone is interested in a presentation covering this topic, drop me an
email and I'll send you a PDF document. Its about the IMS implementation, but
the Java Sample code used has nothing to do with IMS, you could easily leave
the IMS specifics out (In fact a simple caller COBOL transaction) and it still
does work. In fact, the sample is designed to be called not only from COBOL
also Assembler, PL/I and other languages could be Java caller.

 Create a CEE Sample Member:

 //HLASM EXEC PGM=ASMA90,PARM='LINECOUNT(0)'
 //SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
 //SYSUT1 DD UNIT=SYSDA,SPACE=(CYL,(1,1))
 //SYSUT2 DD UNIT=SYSDA,SPACE=(CYL,(1,1))
 //SYSUT3 DD UNIT=SYSDA,SPACE=(CYL,(1,1))
 //SYSLIN DD DSN=GAEBLER.LOAD(DENISCEE),DISP=SHR
 //SYSLIB DD DSN=CEE.SCEEMAC,DISP=SHR
 // DD DSN=SYS1.MACLIB,DISP=SHR
 //SYSIN DD *
 TITLE 'CEEUOPT'
 CEEUOPT CSECT
 CEEUOPT AMODE ANY
 CEEUOPT RMODE ANY
 CEEXOPT XPLINK=(ON), X
 POSIX=(ON), X
 STACK=(512K,512K,ANYWHERE,KEEP,512K,512K), X
 ENVAR=('_CEE_ENVFILE=/u/gaebler/hello/ENV')
 END
 //*