On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 19:17:48 +0000, Dave Salt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>My product only costs a tiny fraction of the amounts you mentioned. But if I
>had to visit each customer site everytime a license came up for renewal, the
>price could easily double to a 5 figure number.
>
>IMO, any solution that takes into account keeping costs as low as possible
>should not require any kind of on-site inspection.

Yes Dave
and i agree with you .
(apart that if it doubles to a 5 figure number it is already half a five
figure number :-))  )
I never had an onsite inspection from any vendors ( including IBM who asks
me to sign on my honor or whatever  that i do not fiddle with the records
for sysplex pricing for example )
But your product does not endanger a DR plan , your product does not affect
the production of 5000 users . Or does it ?
I agree on some non critical product , but having a scheduler ,a tape
management system ,an automation or a batch preparation tool  with a key is
what bothers me too much .
Bruno
Bruno(dot)sugliani(at)groupemornay(dot)asso(dot)fr