What I'd "love" is to be a hard-a** some day. I almost did it at one
place. They were in financial difficulties so they were always late
paying. Once a "mission critical" software package just stopped (after
many days of warnings which were relayed to management). Management came
over and said to call them to insist that they had paid, but that the
check had been mailed to the wrong address and just now got returned to
them. So I did. I told the vendor: "I have been told that the check is
in the mail.". You can guess the tone of voice that I used. I got reamed
royally by my team leader. I reamed him right back and told him to lie
to the vendors in the future. Never-the-less, the vendor did give us a 1
week key. Never talked to another vendor at that shop, which went out of
business within the year.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged
and/or confidential.  It is for intended addressee(s) only.  If you are
reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication is
strictly prohibited and could, in certain circumstances, be a criminal
offense.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by reply and delete this message without copying or disclosing
it.