-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of R.S.
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2007 4:09 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: non-IBM documentation (Friday, but on-topic)
<SNIP>

I'm wondering why. The quality difference is not a question, but it can
be a reason why the documentation is restricted - the less readers the
less complaints.
BTW: Also product-related lists are closed to public even for reading.
Just to hide problems discussed ?

Any comments, opinions, thoughts are welcome.
<SNIP>

It could be Trade Secret laws that are the consideration. Remember,
documentation is intellectual property (IP), describing other IP. If
either property is protected under Trade Secret rules, then you can not
make those Trade Secret items public without losing your protection for
your IP (Hey, I'm not an attorney, I didn't stay at whatever that hotel
chain is in the past month, and I don't play an attorney on TV).

Later,
Steve Thompson