On Fri, 11 May 2007 14:19:42 -0400, Schramm, Rob <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I'll disagree with eschewing .zip as not being supported by MVS.
>
>.zip can be used in USS via the JAVA jar command.
>
>jar -xvf file.zip

Hmmm...

    [EMAIL PROTECTED]:148$ /usr/lpp/java*/*31/bin/jar \
                  -xvf /usr/lpp/java*/*31/docs/apidoc/BidiSupport.zip
    extracted: BidiSupport/allclasses-frame.html
    extracted: BidiSupport/allclasses-noframe.html
    extracted: BidiSupport/constant-values.html

I am delighted to stand corrected on this.  So, Pinnacle can
deal with the ISV's zipped archive with no need to run an FTP
server anywhere but on z/OS.

Kinda slow, but effective for this purpose.

How does it deal with ASCII/EBCDIC "issues" as they might affect
Pinnacle's ISV's product?  I hate EBCDIC.

What's the inverse operation?  Which FM do I need to RT?

Thanks for enlightening me,
gil