----- Original Message ----
From: Kurt Quackenbush <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Yes, this sounds very strange to me as well.  The only thing you need is
> an id on ShopzSeries so that you can obtain a certificate that will
> identify you to the server.  I don't believe getting a ShopzSeries id is
> related to a SW support contract, so I think what you heard is false.

This is exactly the point. I've been told that if a customer does not have a
SW support contract, he won't be able get a ShopzSeries id anymore;
no id, no PTFs via ISR. Weird. (No ServerPac either. Very weird.)

Maybe it is something related to EMEA only, although I doubt it. If there are
sysprog mates on the list whose employer do not have SW support contract
with IBM (for whatever reason) they can confirm this or not.

In any case, thanks very much for answering.

Walter Marguccio
z/OS Systems Programmer
Munich - Germany