Reply to Tony:

Tony:

Vary true ... There used to be a product (it may still exist for all I know) that was a competitor to IBM's DFHSM (at that time it was just HSM). We were in Chicago and he used to fly into here from the west coast to test on our MVS system (this was in the 70's). He was able to get his product to work under MVS and then presented our management with a bill. I had no idea what was going on as we had no plan on purchasing the product (asm2???) and I took him and the bill to my management and introduced them to each other and explained what was going on (not that I knew). I left the meeting as I hadn't a clue to who agreed with what. The vendor was shown the door in short fashion and we never heard from the vendor again.

Ed