If you remember -- shortly after UCCEL acquired ASM2 they killed UCC3.

<< snip >>

I was employed by Cambridge Systems Group at the time of the takeover by
UCCEL. As it was explained to me by folks there who seemed to know what
was happening, UCCEL wanted to buy only ACF2, but CSG had (semi-)exclusive
marketing rights to ACF2, ASM2, and ADC2. Due to contractual obligations,
if SKK wanted to sell ACF2, then the buyer also had to buy-out the CSG
products (ASM2 and ADC2).

IIRC, some suits showed up on Monday and huddled in a very small room
for most of the week. On Friday, they came out and fired most of the
CSG personnel. The dismissed personnel had to leave immediately; they
could return for their personal items after they attended a meeting
at a local hotel (I think it was called an "out-placement" meeting). A
local company was hired to handle the dispatching of the fired personnel.

What goes around, comes around. Just about 3 months later CA bought-out
UCCEL, and many UCCEL folks received their pink slips. It seems that CA
was already in private talks with UCCEL for a takeover, but CA had to
wait until the CSG/SKK takeover was complete before CA could proceed
with taking over UCCEL.

I survived the UCCEL takeover, but I quickly went across the street to
Boole & Babbage and got a job there. (Those were the days when MVS
product development jobs were plentiful....sigh...)

Jeffrey D. Smith
Principal Product Architect
Farsight Systems Corporation
700 KEN PRATT BLVD. #204-159
LONGMONT, CO 80501-6452
303-774-9381 direct
303-484-6170 FAX
http://www.farsight-systems.com/
see my résumé at my website (yes, I am looking for employment)