On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 13:22:42 -0400, Farley, Peter x23353 wrote:

>I do realize they probably can't all be done at once, but IMHO it ought to
>be a publicly stated IBM goal that all system interfaces *will* be
>64-bit-clean no matter what amode they are invoked from.

That's a really good idea but how about if we FIRST let IBM finish cleaning up
after MVS/370 -> MVS/XA so we don't have below-the-16M-line issues that
can throttle us?

Then IBM can work out the above/below-the-bar issues along with your 64-bit-
clean campaign.

(Although I would MUCH rather see IBM bite the bullet and unleash us from the
3390 geometry tyranny.  Though I'll probably sprout wings & fly before I see
any more 3390 relief under z/OS, I suppose.)

--
Tom Schmidt
Madison, WI