That worked.

Thanks Ed and Mauri.

Frank

At 04:06 PM 11/6/2007, you wrote:
Frank Chu wrote:
I'm trying to set up an instruction fetch SLIP TRAP and for the most part it works. The problem I am running into is that the SLIP trap is being triggered outside the range that I have specified.

The current incarnation of my SLIP looks like the following:

SLIP set,if,disable,action=svcd,range=(176366EE,176366F2),id=fhc2,asid=36,end

Once the SLIP is issued I set up my test case, enable the SLIP and fire my test. A dump is captured but it shows that the point where the dump is captured is at location x'17636266', well before the range I specified. I've tried specifying LPAMOD as well as LPAEP, all with the same results.

The instruction that I am trapping is a 'SPKA 0' while the instruction that is triggering the dump is an 'SVC 56'.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Use A=SYNCSVCD instead of A=SVCD. That should help.

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc

     Development Programmer
     Cole Software LLC
     www.colesoft.com
     Phone : 540.456.6164  Fax : 540.456.6658
Email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]