Well, I don't know about your memory, but the latest version does indeed
support random access, AFTER the DLF has been loaded sequentially.

Don't know what algorithm it uses, but my SMF gurus tell me they can prove
it is being used, and in fact the batch jobs run longer if anything happens
to Hiperbatch, so I think it's working.  Our access is almost all random.

> The whole point was to avoid having records discarded because of age just
> ahead of someone that was reading the file sequentially.
>
> Also, another point was that the I/O counts were unaffected since the
> application was unaware that it was using Hiperbatch, so that information
> is largely irrelevant.

I didn't know that, but it makes sense.  Thanks.

> Anyway ... here's hoping my memory isn't completely gone

Not completely.  :)

Peter

and
may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of
the
attachments from your system.