As to RMF access, I don't think so, but I've also not gone looking for it
yet.  Ditto for Omegamon/Epilog, but I can ask about it.  I have officially
asked the performance gurus here to look at these jobs and tell me what we
can do to improve the performance.

It's very hard for me to test different HB scenarios because HB is so
strictly controlled by security methods and I have no authorization to use
it.

I do understand that BLSR may not help in this scenario, but having tested
with SMB (without HB) and noted 50% savings in counted I/O's for that KSDS,
I thought SMB would be a "good thing" to use.  However, it apparently
conflicted with HB and made the performance several times as bad as HB alone
when we tried it out in the QA environment with HB active.

Hence my research and questions here.

Peter

and
may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of
the
attachments from your system.