On Nov 18, 2007, at 4:51 PM, Ted MacNEIL wrote:

Rexx didn't resurface under MVS until TSO/E.

Later than that.
TSO/E came out with MVS/XA.
REXX came (back?) with MVS/ESA 3.1.0e (circa 1989).
I remember that for two reasons:
1. I was reading Colishaw's REXX book while my ex was getting prepped for a Caesarean for my first son. 2. I had just started at a new company and had a manager complain about the overhead of REXX under TSO, and I had to 'prove' it was cost-effective.

IIRC, REXX under VM was available around 1978.

Tedd:

My memory thought in was in 1991(for XA) (early if I remember correctly) I remember having to sit on it for a 2 month wait as a pre req PTF was PE and it took that long to get the fix. We weren't the first on the block but close. My memory of that time is a bit cloudy but it could have become available as much as an year earlier. I do remember distinctly looking on IBMLINK daily for closure of a key PE PTF. Even then it was difficult to get the application people interested in it they couldn't even get interested in clists though.

Ed