It is no doubt futile to try to reign in this thread, but many of the

For me, key points are:

1) OMVS works in a pinch, but I'm not the only one that finds it painful.
OEDIT or OBROWSE commands get you back into an ISPF dialog so that you can
flip around with other dialogs / splits, etc.

2) ISPF can't handle "pseudo full duplex" 3270 sessions (like VM/CMS,
MVS/Console, etc.), so it is not obvious that a really nice OMVS replacement
could be written as an ISPF dialog.

3)  ISHELL can be used not only as a filesystem navigator, but also to enter
shell commands.  It is an ISPF dialog, so doesn't suffer in the same ways as
OMVS.

4) If you want a real Unix shell, your best bet is to use a (non-3270)
Telnet or SSH shell.  (Putty on Windows or  "ssh" on Linux are good choices)

Thanks,

Kirk Wolf
Dovetailed Technologies LLC