On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 10:15:57 -0600, McKown, John wrote:

> [...]
Because that way you can have only one x3270 TSO ISPF or OMVS session
per user ID at a time.

I can have several TTY z/OS Unix sessions concurrently.  Suppose
in each of those (or in concurrent processes from a single
TTY session) I could invoke a Rexx EXEC which says
"ADDRESS TSO ISPGUI", or "ADDRESS TSO WSA" displaying a 3270
terminal emulator on my desktop.  I could then have a 3270
OMVS session and a 3270 TSO session displaying in terminal
emulators on my desktop.

Of course, this would be exactly the effect of having multiple
concurrent 3270 TSO/ISPF sessions for a single user ID, but
IBM seems determined not to address that problem.

-- gil